Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week One Blog Entry: Introduction

Hello,

I am 36 years old and have started my college education a little later then normal. I am a Firefighter for Prince William County. I have been there for almost 10 years (in July). My major is Fire Science Administration. I started this process in 2005. It seems like it has taken forever to get to this point. I am hoping that during my career I will be promoted through the ranks to Battalion Chief or even an assistant Chief in the department.

I am enrolled in both NVCC and TCC to complete my degree. I had to enroll into TCC to take some of the fire science classes online because NVCC doesn't offer them at this time. I am unsure of which college I am going to transfer to after I graduate for NVCC. As of right now I am tired of taking two or three classes a semester so all I can say is it will drop dramatically soon.

I enjoy fishing, boating and camping. I haven't been able to do any of these recently due to college work load but after my VA benefits run out in March I will be reducing my college load to one class a semester.

I am married and have two kids, three if you count the dog. We live in Fredericksburg.

That is all I have to say for now. I look forward to getting to know all of you during the studies of this course.

Bill

1 comment:

  1. Bill-

    I too started college a little later than I had planned. I chose to get my career going first and now have a schedule that will hopefully allow me to get school work done. Good luck in achieving the promotions you are seeking in your department!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete